Honorary Degrees at Hamline University
Honorary degrees are awarded to outstanding high-achieving individuals who have made contributions in their
respective fields, and who live lives that demonstrate the highest ethical integrity and commitment
to the greater good. They are are recognized
as experts in their field and have earned honor and recognition for their work. Honorary degree recipients are also well respected by their contemporaries and their peers. While not all recipients have close Hamline connections, all such individuals exemplify Hamline’s core mission, vision, and values.
View a full list of past honorary degree recipients.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Send names of nominees to email@example.com; full supporting documentation must be sent by December 1, 2015. At this early stage of the nomination process, it is important that the names of nominees remain confidential.
Individuals who are eligible for nomination include:
- Individuals with high ethical integrity and who are well-respected in the
community and beyond.
- Individuals who have made significant achievements in their field of
study, work and/or community.
- Individuals who believe in Hamline’s mission, vision, and core values, and
who exemplify the Wesley principles of “doing all the good you can” in how they
live and work.
- Individuals with strong Hamline connections and/or whose work is in
alignment with Hamline’s mission and vision.
- Individuals who have made significant contributions locally and globally,
and who have received respect, honor, and prestige for their works.
- Individuals who are available to attend and accept the honorary degree
during the Hamline Commencement Ceremony.
Individuals who are NOT ELIGIBLE include:
- Individuals who are current Hamline faculty or staff members and/or
faculty or staff in the year of their retirement.
- Individuals who are running for public office in that commencement
year. Individuals who currently hold public office are not excluded from